Meet our Pastoral Candidate
Dear Church Family,
We invite you to read below to learn more about our Pastoral Candidate, Stephen Boutry, and his wife, Amy. Steve and his family will be visiting Discovery April 18th – 22nd. During his visit he will have a formal interview, meet with staff and elders, visit several Discovery Groups, sit in on meetings with the teaching team and women’s leaders, explore Davis and meet with several members of Discovery. On Sunday, April 22nd Steve will preach during our “Let there be Rest” series. We encourage you to join us April 22nd to hear Steve preach and have the opportunity to meet him and his family. If you have any questions, please email ELDERS@discoverydavis.org.
Associate Pastor, Regeneration Church, Oakland CA (2015-Present)
- Oversees 7 full time and part-time staff members, and leads staff meetings
- Coordinates small group ministries, service ministries and hospitality teams
- Implemented a leadership development program and new member classes for church body
- Helped to grow church beyond the ‘200 barrier’ and added a second service
- Participated in 2017 Bonheoffer Project to improve communication between leadership teams and to clearly communicate the mission and vision of the church
Director, Sojourn Collegiate Ministries, Boston MA (2009-2014)
- Responsible for leading the Boston staff team (vision, direction, coaching staff, leading retreats)
- Responsible for oversight of 5 Boston based campus ministries (MIT, Boston Univ., Northeastern Univ. UMASS Boston, Colleges of the Fenway)
- Created student leadership program, implemented small groups, wrote curriculum for each campus to use.
Associate Pastor, Christ the King Community Church, Durango CO (2006-2008)
- Responsible for creation and implementation of small groups
- Led worship with team of volunteers
- Connected the congregation with serving opportunities in the community.
University of the Pacific
- B.A. History (cum laude) 2002
- B.A. Social Studies (cum laude) 2002
- M.A. in Christian Leadership (magna cum laude) 2005
- Spiritual gifts of Teaching, Wisdom, and Leadership
- INTJ (Myers-Briggs) Input, Intellection, Ideation, Learner and Strategic (Strengths Finder) C (Analytic Developer) DiSc
- Bonheoffer Project Cohort 2017 (Discipleship Training and Strategy)
- Strengths in creating and casting vision, building strong team culture, teaching, writing, and working with diverse groups of people
- Trained and experienced to work in multicultural settings
- Diverse ministry experience (i.e. big church, small church, church plant, and parachurch)
- High values placed on mission (local and global), reaching emerging generations with the gospel, utilizing creativity, pursuing justice, and organizing ministry for the integration of mission and discipleship.
About the Candidate:
Steve is 38 years old and has been married to his wife Amy for 10 years. They have 2 children, a daughter, Marina, who is 5 years old and a son, Cruz, who is 3 years old. Steve and Amy have spent over 15 years in ministry from Salinas to Colorado, to Boston and back to California at Regeneration Church in Oakland. Steve is passionate about discipleship and helping believers “learn to live and love like Jesus in order to help restore peace in our broken world. Discipleship is the primary call of all followers of Jesus. It is the mission Jesus left us with and is nothing short of a world revolution; this is God’s plan A for the redemption of his creation (and there is no plan B).”