Discovery Kids seeks to guide our children to Christ in safe, fun, and loving environments while encouraging and equipping parents to be the primary disciple-makers in their own kids’ lives. This education, training, and discipling is practiced in line with Discovery’s values and beliefs.
We believe that:
- Children are gifts from God (Psalm 127:3-5 & Luke 17:2).
- Children, like all of humanity, are flawed and need a savior (Genesis 8:21 & Psalm 51:5).
- Children can grow in grace and use their spiritual gifts for the glory of God (2 Peter 3:18 & 1 Corinthians 14:12).
- The church has the responsibility to fulfill its pledge to nurture and train children in the ways of the Lord (Psalm 78).
- The Gospel Project curriculum helps us teach in accordance to these beleifs and so use it for the instructional components of Discovery Kids.
Most Sundays we offer the following rooms for your child:
- Chicks - nursery (0-24 months)
- Lambs - toddlers (2-3 years)
- Cubs - preschool (3 yrs-preK)
- Eagles - early elementary (K-1st grade)
- Colts - elementary (2nd-4th grade)
To learn more about how we can serve your family or how you would like to serve in the ministry, please email Discovery Kids.
We gather a few times a year for Family Worship - a morning where kids and parents worship together in the sanctuary during the first part of service. We do this because we value corporate worship and so this time of praise and prayer is geared for a family-friendly environment. To hear more of the vision behind these mornigns, you can visit Pastor John's short video!
We also gather a few times a year for Family Sunday (different than Family Worship) - a morning where kids not only worhip alongside their parents but also learn alongside them as they remain in the sacturay for the entire service. It is a great morning for our kids to learn by example of parents! We have one upcoming Family Sunday to mark on your calander: December 4th!
This unit's Family Journal Page
This unit's Activity Pages